August 16, 2016

My Style: Light as a Feather








Settling back into my old childhood room, if only for a few weeks while I pack for my senior year at university, is a tad surreal. I love being home in this small town, but I look forward to seeing my friends and getting back into the swing of things at university. Apartment hunting is the absolute worst though. For those of you looking to go to college this fall, make certain you select your roommates carefully--you will be seeing them daily, sharing food, sharing cleaning responsibilities, using each other's furniture and dishes, etc. I’m blessed that I will be rooming with two of my best friends in the whole world. Also, some advice that might help while you’re getting ready:  be sure to arrange your utilities, your renter’s insurance, and your moving truck lease well in advance. I never have experienced dorm life; alas, I can’t give you advice there. But if you have any questions about apartment life, just leave a comment and I will get back to you.

To get my mind off of the stress of moving, I was excited when I got the opportunity to blog a couple of pieces from Banana Republic! Their stylists asked me my preferences, how I describe my style, and measurements. They sent me these perfect boyfriend shorts and a brightly colored purse. The shorts are a dream! I love the denim cut, fit, distressed look, and coloring--they are one of my favorite pairs of denim shorts now. I also like the quality and the design of the purse; it’s gorgeous, but I normally like neutral leathers for my accessories. However, this pop of color can brighten up a gloomy day, and I think it went well with the white peplum top for summer styling. Always fun to add a piece to your closet that’s different from the norm. I finished the look with some retro platforms that matched the white in the top to pull everything together.

I sure hope your experiences this summer were amazing. The older I get, the more I realize that attitude is the lens through which we see the world. I’ve also learned that we all, and I mean all, have stress in our lives; but it’s how we handle or react to that stress that makes the difference. So if you’re getting ready to get back to school, just write a to-do list and organize your priorities. Then go out and buy a new top, denim shorts, and a purse. You will feel so much better from the shopping therapy! Xoxo, Shelly


               

1 comment: