August 11, 2014

Product Announcement & Review: Make Up by One Direction



This week I had the pleasure of receiving early access to the limited edition make-up line by one of my personal favorite bands One Direction. The "Make Up by One Direction" collection includes three different variety boxes named after their hit albums, "Up All Night", "Take Me Home", and "Midnight Memories".  I received the "Up All Night" box, which included a metallic turquoise nail polish, pink lip stick, shimmery lip gloss, black mascara, shades of blue and taupe eye shadows, a stencil set, and a blue body crayon.  Being a 1D fan (going to their concert this September!!), I was very excited when I received my box!  The outside packaging includes a cool tin box featuring a brick design and a plastic slip with a novelty photo of the band.  Although the outside is awesome, the inside with all the goodies is even better!  The make up is displayed beautifully.  On the back of the tin's lid, ideas of make up combinations are artistically shown.  I am looking forward to trying the looks soon!  For this review, I went bold with the lipstick and nail polish, so I kept it neutral with the eye shadows.  I wore the "More Than This" beige and "Gotta Be You" taupe.  First, I would like to say that the make up not only looks fab, but also is good quality.  The nail polish paints smoothly and drys quickly.  After two coats, I was very happy with the result!  The lipstick is soft and bursting of color, while the lip gloss adds a gorgeous shimmer.  Lastly, I applied the mascara.  I have long lashes, so I am particular with my mascaras and I have to say, I was impressed.  The mascara didn't clump and made my lashes look luscious.  Overall, I give the "Make Up by One Direction Collection" an A+!

The line will be available worldwide starting in the U.S.

US Release Dates:
Macy's - August 11th
Stage Stores – August 25th
Dillard's – August 25th
Beauty Brands – August 25th
Lord and Taylor - August 25th

*International release dates To Be Determined

For more information, be sure to check out https://www.facebook.com/MakeupbyOneDirection 
and like the page to stay updated!  :)  Xoxo, Shelly








Powered by BrandBacker

1 comment: