July 27, 2014

My Style: Snakeskin and Stripes


Today’s Look:  showcases my new favorite pair of boots by Grey City.  Grey City is a shoe brand featuring unique designs that have quality and edge.  The company was started by two best friends and is headquartered in Seattle, Washington.  One of the partners, Kyle, happens to live in Scottsdale, Arizona, and I was lucky enough to meet up with him and see a few of their latest designs.  I was thrilled to collaborate with Grey City and highlight these awesome snakeskin and leather ankle boots.  I find that Grey City shoes are beautifully designed to every last detail.  While styling the look, I tried to keep in line with Grey City’s vision of fresh, relevant street style, with equal amounts of chic and cool.  First, I chose a sophisticated, simple striped shift dress and paired it with a distressed, oversized denim jacket.  Since the boots have a wild side, I selected bohemian inspired jewelry and a classy black purse.  Lastly in keeping with the edgy street style of the boots, we took the photos in Old Town Flagstaff down an alley with lots of brick and ivy.  Grey City shoes are sold at top stores like Free People, Revolve, and Lulu’s; hope you check the brand out.  I know you’ll love them as much as I do :)  Xoxo, Shelly


Outfit Details:  "Walker Black & Snake" Boots courtesy of Grey City ❤ | Dress & Jacket from Zara | Purse from DailyLook | Earrings from Nasty Gal | Bracelet from Charming Charlie | Stone Ring from World Market | Silver Ring from Earthbound Trading Company | Nails by Impress 


Fashion Tip:  In my opinion, oversized, distressed denim jackets are where it's at!  













Connect with Grey City:

10 comments:

  1. I just found your blog and love it! Your style is gorgeous, especially love the black purse and boots!
    http://theblogforbeautifulliving.blogspot.com.au

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, citygirl! :) Congrats on an awesome blog yourself!

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. Thanks, AlexisSplash :) And hope the Envi Shoes Giveaway went well!

      Delete
  3. Fantastic blog, love your photography and style! Keep it up! :)
    https://myturkishdelights2014.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much, Haruka :) And how cool that you're teaching English and living in Turkey!

      Delete
  4. I absolutely love the stripes and denim combo!!

    www.ensembledeux.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you, Ollyvia :) I will definitely take a look at your blog!
    Xoxo, Shelly

    ReplyDelete